To run a successful basketball programme we require the assistance of parents/caregivers, siblings and family friends. To be able to enter a team, we must have a coach for each team. Each team must also provide one score-person other than a player or coach, for his or her own game.
- If you have played or coached we NEED you (even if you haven’t played since high school!)
- Coaches must be able to run a practice during the week at a time suitable to them and the team
- Coaches must be able to attend games
- Point of Contact between students, parents/caregivers and coach
- Email, text or Facebook weekly game times and reminder for practices
- If available on game day be the back up support for the coach
Score Person Requirements
- Required to sit on the score bench each game (can be shared between parents/helpers)
- Responsible for either completing the score sheet, running the clock or electronic score board
- Full training can be given for this role if you are unsure or have never sat on the score bench before
If you are able to assist in any way please annotate this on the basketball registration form, or contact the basketball coordinator.