Enrolment Information for 2019
Enrolment Evenings for students in 2019
When: All of the evenings are from 4-7pm
Enrolment Night 1 – Monday 30 July 2018 (Surname A-J)
Enrolment Night 2 – Wednesday 1 August 2018 (Surname K-Q)
Enrolment Night 3 – Tuesday 7 August 2018 (Surname R-Z)
Enrolment Night 4 – Thursday 9 August 2018 (Catch-up)
Where: Westlake Girls High School
Details: Both in zone and out-of-zone enrolments are invited on these evenings.
Out-of-zone applications: Out-of-zone applications for 2019 close on 5 September at 4pm. If out-of-zone applications exceed the places available, students are selected by ballot. If required, the ballot will be held on Wednesday 12 September 2018. Parents are informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot. Successful students may be rung for a school interview if they have not attended one of the Enrolment Evenings.
‘Out of Zone’ students will be processed in order of Enrolment Scheme priority:
- First Priority This priority is not applicable as the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Fourth Priority be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- Fifth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of board employees
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants
In Zone Requirements for all Year Levels
Applications for In Zone places can only be accepted once a student is living in the school zone with her parent(s) or legal guardian.
Please note that ‘living in the school zone’ means that a student has her main residence in the school zone. Please also note that the school will not accept the temporary transference of guardianship to someone living in zone as evidence that a student is living in zone. Westlake In Zone area
We will only accept the following evidence of owner residence in zone:
- A copy of a lease agreement for a rental property (unless the property is owned), whereby the agreement is valid whilst your daughter is at school for a minimum of 12 months: PLUS
- An electricity bill for an in-zone property indicating residence of at least a month, in the name(s) of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant; PLUS
- An additional utility bill, such as a telephone landline bill or a water services bill indicating residence of at least a month, in the name(s) of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
Enrolment documents to be completed
Enrolment documents can be found on the right of this page. Applications will only be processed once all documentation is received. The School may actively collect information and make all inquiries necessary in its opinion to ensure that enrolment details contained in the application are accurate. We may also, at our discretion, require that you confirm the information you provide by presenting it to us in the form of a statutory declaration sworn under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957.
Please bring with you to the enrolment interview:
- Proof of identity such as a New Zealand Birth Certificate or passport (originals only)
- Proof of in-zone residency such as a rates bill or rental agreement AND electricity bill AND telephone or water services bill
- Completed enrolment form, student health record, cyber safety form and subject choice form. Links are above right.
- Optional application forms for Year 9 STEAM, CYGNET and/or Music Extension.
2019 Enrolment Documents
- Enrolment Form 2018-2019
- In Zone Applicants Questionnaire
- Cybersafety Agreement
- Cybersafety Form
- BYOD information
- Student Health Record
- Year 9 Subject Choice Form
- Year 10 Subject Choice Form
- Year 11 Subject Choice Form
- Year 12 Subject Choice Form
- Year 13 Subject Choice Form
- Year 9 Music Extension Application Form
- Year 9 CYGNET Application Form
- Year 9 STEAM Application Form
- Year 9 Subject Information booklet 2019