Enrolment at Westlake Girls High School
2020 application for enrolment for out-of-zone students closed at 4pm on Wednesday 4 September and we are no longer accepting applications from out-of-zone students. If you are unsure whether you live in-zone or out-of-zone, please check the map below.
Please note that the application link below is for in-zone applicants only, and any out-of-zone applications for 2020 received using the link after 4pm on Wednesday 4 September will not be accepted.
Out-of-zone - priority order
Each year the Board of Trustees determines the number of places likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the school zone. Once in-zone enrolment numbers are confirmed, out-of-zone applications are prioritised and drawn by ballot according to the priority list. The ballot was held on Wednesday 11 September 2019, and out-of-zone applicants will be emailed the results on Thursday 12 September 2019.
- First Priority This priority is not applicable as the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- Fifth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants
Applications are still being accepted for in-zone students for 2020. Students who live in the Westlake Girls High School zone (see map below) may enrol at the school as of right, provided:
- They are entitled to a state education
- They live in-zone as their main residence, with a parent or legal guardian
Applicants must first complete the Online Enrolment Form and submit the requested documentation. Once the school is satisfied that the enrolment criteria have been met, the student and parent/caregiver will be invited by email to book an Enrolment Interview with senior staff.
You will receive the email from the school approximately 7 days after you have submitted your Online Enrolment Form.
Please note that "living in the school zone" means a student has her main residence in the school zone. The school will not accept the temporary transference of guardianship to someone living in-zone as evidence that a student is living in zone.
View our map to see the Westlake In Zone area
We will only accept the following evidence of owner residence in zone:
- A copy of a lease agreement for a rental property (unless the property is owned), whereby the agreement is valid whilst your daughter is at school for a minimum of 12 months: PLUS
- An electricity bill for an in-zone property indicating residence of at least a month, in the name(s) of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant; PLUS
- An additional utility bill, such as a telephone landline bill or a water services bill indicating residence of at least a month, in the name(s) of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
Important information before you begin
Please ensure you have all of the required documentation (see below) before you begin the enrolment process. If you have any difficulties filling out the form, contact the Enrolment Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 9 489 4169.
Enrolment documents to be submitted online
The School may actively collect information and make all inquiries necessary in its opinion to ensure that enrolment details submitted with the application are accurate. We may also, at our discretion, require that you confirm the information you provide by presenting it to us in the form of a statutory declaration sworn under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957.
Documents you will be required to submit online as a scanned PDF or JPEG are:
- Copy of the student's most recent school report (all applicants)
- Original Birth Certificate or NZ Passport OR NZ citizenship certificate (all applicants)
- Original Australian passport (Australian citizens only)
- Original passport PLUS visa PLUS date stamp of NZ entry (citizens of other countries only)
- Verification of in-zone address (in-zone applicants only)
- A recent rates notice if you own your own home PLUS one recent utility bill (in-zone applicants only)
- A tenancy agreement of at least 12 months duration if you rent PLUS bond recipient PLUS one recent utility bill (in-zone applicants only)
Entrance Testing and Orientation
Entrance testing for Year 9 students who have already enroled for study in 2020 will be held on Friday 15 November 2019.