TaxGift lets you donate your tax refund from any donations to Westlake Girls (including donations to the Event Centre or your daughter’s annual School Donation), in just one easy step. If you are an individual New Zealand tax resident who has received taxable income in the current financial year, then you are entitled to a rebate of up to 33% on each donation you’ve made to Westlake Girls.
Please note that after joining, WGHS will not have access to your tax, financial or personal information.
How it works
Let’s take a moment to think about the image on the left: for every $100 dollars you have donated (or will donate) to us, we will receive another $33 at the end of the first year. What’s more, this $33 is considered a further gift of money meaning that around $11 is claimable the following year and so on!
After three years, your $100 donation could be worth up to $148! It mightn’t sound like a lot by itself, but it collectively would make a huge difference for us in realising our goal of being debt-free on our new Centre.
This would free up funds for other areas of our school, including:
- Employing additional teachers so we can offer a wide range of subject choices and smaller classes in some cases.
- Resources to support learning, such as:
- updating and maintaining IT equipment, including audio-visual gear, projectors and state-of-the-art computers
- technology equipment for specialist subjects such as STEAM and robotics
- specialist equipment for areas such as music, sports and performing arts
- Subsidising curriculum trips to the community, including teacher relief costs. These are an important way for students to connect their classroom learning to the workplace, and create opportunities for future career paths.
- Extra coaching and tuition costs for groups such as sports and music.
Historical tax credits
Here’s how you can help even further: if you haven’t claimed your tax credit on donations to us in the past four years, simply tick the box on the form (link below) regarding the past four years’ donations and the team at TaxGift will claim them as a further gift to us. This is a really powerful way to help put those unclaimed credits to good use.
How to opt in
To opt in to TaxGift to gift your tax credits on donations to us for this tax year and going forward, simply click on the link below, fill in a few details, and let the experts at TaxGift sort the rest out with Inland Revenue. It’s completely free for you to use, and only takes around one minute to do. Before you begin, you will need your IRD number. Please note that once you have signed up, you will not be able to claim this tax credit for yourself. We pay a small fee to TaxGift to do this for you on our behalf. So please take a minute to click the link below now, and help your gift keep on giving. You can also visit TaxGift’s website for more information.
Thank you for partnering with us on this exciting journey.