Following the Government’s decision to extend Alert Level 4 until at least 11.59pm on Tuesday 31 August, all College Sport Auckland competitions and events remain on-hold. A decision regarding the resumption of winter sport will be made when the situation becomes clearer. Although this is disappointing news, it may be possible to resume some school sport towards the end of Term 3. School sport in Auckland can only resume at Alert Level 2 or lower.
List of confirmed cancelled events:
- NZSS Badminton Championships
- NZSS Federation Cup/Marie Fry Trophy Hockey Championships
- NZSS Chris Arthur Cup 2nd XI Hockey Tournament
- NZSS Premier Football Championships
- UNISS Netball Championships
- BBNZ Zone 1 Junior Basketball Premiership
- BBNZ Zone 1 AA Basketball Premiership
- Cycling Northern Tour Event
- AKSS Orienteering Individual & Teams Championships
Note: The sports department will be in contact if any alternative events are scheduled to be run at a later date.