In Week 5, on August 16, we have a talented and inspiring speaker coming from Australia to speak to our seniors and scholarship candidates.
Darren Pereria (Founder of Success Integrated) is a highly acclaimed international speaker who runs seminars for secondary school students and their communities.
This charismatic former life and business coach now focuses on helping young people with study, resilience, motivation, careers, and leadership.
Darren’s session will cover the following:
- developing resilience in your child
- becoming adaptive and dealing with current challenges
- using evidence-based, positive psychology interventions and cognitive behavioural techniques to manage depression and deal with negative thinking sustainably
- rectifying poor sleep habits exacerbating mental health issues
- dealing with disappointment, setbacks, and failure.
Parents & caregivers – this is for you, too!
Darren will also run a session the same night (August 16) from 7-8pm, so parents and caregivers can hear his thoughts and strategies on dealing with numerous issues that teens commonly face.