Our parents help provide a quality education for our students by giving a voluntary contribution. The donations are used to give your daughter opportunities beyond what is funded by the government, because we know they make a real difference to her success:
- Employing more than 20 additional teachers so we can offer a wide range of subject choices and smaller classes in some cases.
- Resources to support learning, such as:
- updating and maintaining IT equipment, including audio-visual gear, projectors and state-of-the-art computers
- technology equipment for specialist subjects such as STEAM and robotics
- specialist equipment for areas such as music, sports and performing arts
- Subsidising curriculum trips to the community, including teacher relief costs. These are an important way for students to connect their classroom learning to the workplace, and create opportunities for future career paths.
- Extra coaching and tuition costs for groups such as sports and music.
The school donation for 2021 is $545 per student, or $730 for families with two or more students at WGHS. The quickest method of payment is through the Parent Portal KAMAR which can be accessed from the school website, and you will receive a receipt immediately. Payments can also be made directly into the school bank account 03-0275-0045494-000 or at the Payments Office which is open Monday-Friday 8.15am to 3.00pm during school terms.
Things to note:
- Your annual donation can be a one-off payment, or you can pay installments weekly ($10.48 single student/$14.04 two or more students), fortnightly ($20.96/$28.08), monthly ($45.42/$60.83) or per term ($136.25/$182.50) via internet banking.
- While a full donation provides more opportunities for our students, we appreciate a partial donation if there are financial constraints within your family. Every bit helps.
- You can claim one third of your full or partial donation as a tax credit – so for the $545 donation you can receive $182 which means your donation costs you $363 (receive $243 for the $730 donation which makes it $487). Please contact us for a tax donation certificate, to forward onto the Inland Revenue Department.
- A donation of more than $100 enables your daughter to receive a free Year Book at the end of the year.
- Value option of $730 for families with two or more students at WGHS.
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
Your daughter benefits from the contributions of current parents and those of previous parents. Each generation ‘pays it forward’ to support the high standard of teaching and facilities that benefit every student. We invite you to join us in continuing to create a culture and a school where every student can thrive. Thank you.
TaxGift lets you donate your tax refund from any donations to Westlake Girls, in just one easy step. Click here to find out more https://www.westlakegirls.school.nz/taxgift-everything-you-need-to-know/